Tuesday, October 01, 2024

11:55

 Salaam all

11:55

مِن دُونِهِ فَكِيدُونِي جَمِيعاً ثُمَّ لاَ تُنظِرُونِ

 

min dūnihi fakīdūnī jamīʿan thumma lā tunirūni

 

The Aya says:

Short of Him.  So plot against me and then do not give me reprieve.

My personal note:

This continues the previous sentence when it finished with “I am unafilliated with what you make partners/ act polytheistically—“.  Here it continues “Short of HIM” and Him points to God.  Huud continues with the challenge.  So plot against me and do not give me reprieve or time or grace.  He challenged them to hurt him knowing that they will fail.

 

Translation of the transliterated words:

Min: from

Dūnihi: short of Him

Fakīdūnī: so plot against me

Note: FA means so or therefore or then.  KEEDOONI is derived from the root K-Y-D and it means to plan and start doing something, but not clear if it was done or not/ to nearly do something. For the noun it means scheme. KEEDOO is an order or request and in this context a challenge.  It means: plot against the object (NI=me).

jamīʿan: all/ collectively

Note: the root is J-M-Ain and it means gather the different parts together or putting things together. JAMeeAAaN means together or all.

 

Thumma: then

Lā: not

tunirūni: give me reprieve/ give me time

Note: the root is N-THa-R and it means seeing/observing/watching with one side of the meaning stronger than the others according to the situation. At times it means giving reprieve or giving time to correct things and that stems from the observing/watching as if it is time of observation/watching or waiting or given time.  LA TUNTHIROON is an order or request addressed to a group.  It means:  do not give me reprieve/ time.

 

Salaam all and have a great day


Hussein


No comments: