Wednesday, December 12, 2012

7:14

Salaam all,


Qala anthirnee ila yawmi yubAAathoona


The Aya says:
He (Iblees) said: allow me to remain until the day they are resurrected.
My personal note:
The term ANTHIRNEE means make me wait or so and in this context, it suggests to keep me alive and active and so I used “Allow me to remain”

This is continuing the important discussion between Satan/Iblees and God at the time of rejecting the prostration to Adam.

Translation of the transliterated words:

Qala: He (Satan/ Iblees) said/ communicated/ responded
Note: QALA is derived from the root Qaf-W-L and it means saying in any way possible. QALA is an action that is completed that is derived from the root. It means the action of saying happened by the subject (third person singular). This, in turn means: He said or responded or communicated.
Anthirnee: delay me/ give me time
Note: the root is N-THa-R and it means seeing/observing/watching with one side of the meaning stronger than the others according to the situation. At times it means giving reprieve or giving time to correct things and that stems from the observing/watching as if it is time of observation/watching or waiting. ANTHIRNEE is an order or request addressed to a singular. It means: make me wait/ delay me/ give me time
Ila: towards/ untill
yawmi: day when/ day of
Note: YAWMI is derived from the root Y-W-M and it means day. YAWMI means day of or day when.
yubAAathoona: they are raised/ they are resurrected
Note: the root is B-Ain-TH and it means movement from static position as in death or rest. It is also understood as sending. YUBaAATHOONis an action that is being completed or will be completed. It means: the action of sending the object (third person plural) or in here raising from the dead is happening or will be happening by an undeclared subject.
Salaam all and have a great day.
Hussein

No comments: