Tuesday, April 10, 2007

3:89

Salaam all,

This is 3:89
إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ تَابُواْ مِن بَعْدِ ذَلِكَ وَأَصْلَحُواْ فَإِنَّ الله غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
Illa allatheena taboo min baAAdi thalika waaslahoo fainna Allaha ghafoorun raheemun

The Aya says:
Except those who repented after that, and made deeds of beneficence, then, verily, Allah (is) forgiving, merciful.

My personal note:
This continues the message from the previous Aya. God never closes the door to repentance, except for those who closed the door themselves.

Translation of the transliterated words:
Illa: except
Allatheena: those who
Taboo: they returned/repented
Note: the root T-W-B and one concrete word is TABOOT and that means the coffin. This makes T-W-B as the ultimate return to GOD in concrete as in death or in abstract as in ultimate repentance or ultimate return in repentance. TABA is an action that is completed. It means: the action of final return or complete repentance happened by the subject (third person singular). The return or the repentance is to God.
Min: from
baAAdi: after
Note: the root is B-Ain-D and it means further in time or space. In space it means farther in distance and in time, it means after. BaAADI here means: after.

Thalika: that
Waaslahoo: and made deeds of beneficence.
Note: WA is a linker between what is before and what is after. The link is generally through inclusion, either one in the other or all in some bigger picture. ASLAHOO, the root is Sad-L-Ha and it means becoming helpful or useful in a good direction, with the concept of benefit or beneficence from all the angles of the meaning. Included in this meaning is becoming fixed after having been broken. ASLAHOO is an action that is completed. It means: the action of making the object of benefit or beneficence happened by the subject (third person plural). The object is not mentioned here and therefore it is open to being the act of beneficence itself, the subject him-self becoming beneficient, or others or any combination of the three.
Fainna: then verily
Allaha: Allah
Ghafoorun: The one who provides protective cover/ forgiving/ protector from sin or influence of sin.
Note: the root GH-F-R and it means the helmet of the soldier in the battle. This one of the concrete words and the word is therefore used to mean protective covering in many fashions as in protecting the person from the error or protecting the person from the consequence of error and that is forgiveness. GHAFOOR is the one who provides protective cover. Here, it gives the meaning of forgiving, as well other protections from sin, as in committing it or any of it’s influences.
Raheemun: merciful
Note: the root is R-Ha-M and it means womb in concrete. This term is used to mean mercy and all the good that the womb provides. RAHEEM is the one with the womb-like mercy.

Salaam all and have a great day.

Hussein

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam Br Hussein,

Alhamdulillah that I come across your blog today. I find your Quran translation very helpful. I have now a convert whom I'm taking care personally. I don't speak Arabic but I do read the quran. I told her that I would find a good translation of the Quran for us both to learn. Is it possible to email me the translation in sequence from the AlFatihah. I have been copying and pasting and rearranging the whole day today. It's going to take me quite an energy to do this.

Thank you

. said...

ya akhi

assalamu alaykum

The comment above is by me, but it has been published as by Azni. The link for Azni doesn't lead anywhere. My blog is:

http://timbuktu58.blogspot.com/

and my email is:

timbuktu-AT-gawab.com

Please let me know if you can send the translation with the Quran text as email to me.

Shukran

hussein said...

I would love to do so. I am currently travelling and I do not have access to the Fatiha, but when I come back, I will send it to you by e mail.

Take care brothers and thanks for the visit.

Hussein

. said...

الســـلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

My gawab account is experiencing trouble. When you do post the Quran, can you also send the file/s at the following email address:

aazni@yahoo.com

shukran